Firstly, I’d like to thank Elara over at SpellBookWorm for tagging me in this! I’ve never been nominated for any awards before, so it is really appreciated! I know it has been a week or so since I got tagged, so sorry for being so slow.
I think this award/tag was created by a blogger called Okoto, whose blog can be found here.
The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer the questions provided by whoever nominated you.
- Nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
THREE THINGS ABOUT ME
- I – and I know this will be controversial – don’t like coffee. I know it smells nice (kind of) but I don’t like the taste. I’ll stick to tea thanks!
- I’m a big rugby fan. Have been since I was a child and always played until a few years ago. Only have a few ligaments left in one of my knees due to an injury a few years back, so don’t play anymore but I still follow Bath Rugby and watch them or England when I can.
- I really enjoy cooking, but have almost no experience with desserts. I can make a simple shortbread, but that is about it! Get me making curries, pizzas, bread, pies, and just about anything else, and I’m a happy bunny!
Is there a fictional food or drink that you’ve always wanted to try?
My mind instantly went to Charlie and the Chocolate factory here, but I will be plumping for something different actually. I’ve gone for the Turkish Delight from The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (though I would ideally not like to include a visit to the White Witch). Turkish Delight is yummy anyway, let alone when it has a spell on it to make it the tastiest thing in existence!
If you could have one magical item from a book, what would it be?
I bet loads of people mention this one, but I think the Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban would be so useful! It always feels like there is never enough time to do everything, so I am being very practical and going for this one!
Are there any non-bookish things you collect?
I’ve collected and painted Warhammer since I was a child. It has definitely died off a bit in recent years with adult responsibilities and having a child and stuff, but I still have the models and rule books and get to go and play games every now and again with some friends. Certainly not cool, but I enjoy it. Other than that, I have a lot of rugby boots in the attic, but as I said earlier, i don’t play anymore so they’re definitely pointless!
Do you stay away from controversial authors’ books, or do you read them regardless?
I don’t really know, to be honest. YA and Romance seem to have the most ‘controversial’ authors and I haven’t read any Romance ever really, and YA I dip into for the occasional book, but agai, I don’t read much. So I guess the answer is no. I know some people don’t like the A Song of Ice and Fire series because of all the rape and violence, but I have read them and enjoyed them. Maybe George R.R. Martin is the most controversial author I have read, but considering the HUGE success of the series, I can’t really call him controversial.
Would you still blog if you weren’t a book blogger?
Probably not. I would do a travel one, maybe. I love exploring new places and going on ‘adventures’! But I would need to travel more and I don’t have the money. So not gonna happen!
- Drew @ The Tattooed Book Geek
- Alex @ Spells and Spaceships
- Alexandra @ Whimsy Pages
- Aaron @ Swords and Spectres
- Ola and Piotrek @ Re-enchantment of the World
- Maddalena @ Space and Sorcery
- Morgana @ Morgana’s Book Box
- The Captain @ The Captain’s Quarters
- Paul @ Bookends and Bagends
- Joe @ Black Sail Books
- Is there a fictional food or drink that you’ve always wanted to try?
- If you could have one magical item from a book, what would it be?
- Are there any non-bookish things you collect?
- Do you stay away from controversial authors’ books, or do you read them regardless?
- Would you still blog if you weren’t a book blogger?
MY BEST POSTS
Oh gosh, I have no idea what my best posts are! Here are three recent-ish ones though!
– – – – – – – – – – –